Bike Sales, Repair & Hire – Alex Dan’s Cycle Centre
30 Years and still on the go….
Alex Dan’s Cycle Centre has been on the go for the last 30 years, selling and repairing bikes as well as hiring out bikes to the locals and tourists. The shop was bought over in January 2013 by Marc, who now runs the shop, primarily on his own, but has the help of family as and when required, usually in the busy summer months.
The shop sells all sorts of cycling accessories from well known brands, as well as bikes from Merida, Diamondback and Raleigh. The bikes, in the main, are mountain bikes, but there is a small selection of road bikes and hybrids for sale. There is also a well equipped workshop to cater for all types of repairs on all types of bike. Marc is Cytech qualified and is well able to look after your bike repair and servicing needs.
There are some great mountain biking trails in the Castle Grounds of Stornoway, just a minutes ride away from Alex Dan’s Cycle Centre, which is well worth spending a couple of hours in. It is a very sheltered area, so when the winds are blowing (which they do a lot!) you can still get some good riding in. And if you have a problem you are within easy reach of Alex Dan’s Cycle Centre.
The Islands also opened the Hebridean Way back in Marc 2016, and epic route starting on the Isle of Barra and ending at the Butt of Lewis (Ness) the most northern part of the Island chain.
Alex Dan’s Cycle Centre aims to provide you with great customer service and assistance, without giving you the hard sell.
So what does Alex Dan’s Cycle Centre sell?
Varied range of bikes from Merida, Diamondback and Raleigh. These are displayed on the shop section of the website and are available to order online and pick up in store.
- Helmets, gloves, mitts and hi viz cycling bibs.
- Inner tubes and tyres ranging from 12″ to 29″ and all sized in between.
- Puncture repair kits and repair tools.
- New wheels, axles and bearings.
- Saddles and seat posts.
- Handlebars, stems and grips and bar tape.
- Headsets and bearings.
- Transmission components, cassettes, freewheels, chains and master links, chain-sets, front and rear derailleurs and rear hangers. Bottom brackets and bearings.
- Pedals, clip-less and platform.
- Brake blocks, disc pads and rotors, brake sets (disc, V brake and caliper brakes) and brake levers.
- Hydraulic fluid and bleeding kits.
- Gear and brake inner and outer wires, straddle wires, guide pipes, and fittings.
- Nuts and bolts and quick release sets.
- Light sets, rear lights and front lights.
- Locks, pumps, bottles and cages, cycling tools and first aid kits.
- Cycle computers.
- Mirrors and reflectors.
- Cleaning liquids, brushes and lubrication.
- Pannier racks and bungee straps.
- Pannier bags, handlebar bags, saddle bags and frame bags.
- Child seats and baskets.
- Car fitting bike carriers, boot fitting, tow-bar fitting and roof rack fitting.
The list could go on and on, but it we don’t have the parts you require we can always order it in for you.
Oh yes, we also stock RC model cars and Games Workshop models.